3BBR FM has recently been granted a renewal of its broadcast licence for another 5 years.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority reviews broadcast licences on a regular basis and has found that 3BBR-FM is meeting it’s service requirements.
Marking the continuation, the Board has recently approved a refresh of the program schedule aimed at improving the listening flow, grouping themes and music styles together to achieve a better listening flow. This new schedule begins on Sunday October 8.
- Our weekday daytime programs will still largely bring you familiar tunes from the 60s to the 80s
- Mon-Fri Breakfast will be presented live to include news on the hour from 6 to 9am with local information
- Evenings and weekends aim to better connect musical threads and specialist programs;
- Monday evenings have a country & roots focus
- Tuesdays night goes from gospel to global
- Wednesday evenings feature a big range of Australian new music, emerging artists and local performances
- late Wed and Thursday nights features a strong lineup of jazz and fusion
- Friday evenings still feature local community issues and relishes contemporary and independent music
- Saturdays flow from country to pop, indigenous & reggae onto blues and rock into the late evening
- Sundays connect jazz ideas to global music, ambient, neo-classical and classical performances, onto our familiar of evening of nostalgia.