The 3BBR Programming Working Group has refreshed our schedule to make the listening experience even better by bringing together similar programs so that audiences can find their interests and listen for longer, especially in the evenings and on weekends. We’ve even brought in a couple of programs discussing new screen and cinema releases, but sadly have to farewell Andrew ‘Clinkas’ Clinkaberry too.
- Our weekday daytime programs will still largely bring you familiar tunes from the 60s to the 80s
- Mon-Fri Breakfast will be presented live to include news on the hour from 6 to 9am with local information
- Evenings and weekends aim to better connect musical threads and specialist programs;
- Monday evenings have a country & roots focus
- Tuesdays night goes from gospel to global
- Wednesday evenings feature a big range of Australian new music, emerging artists and local performances
- late Wed and Thursday nights features a strong lineup of jazz and fusion
- Friday evenings still feature local community issues and relishes contemporary and independent music
- Saturdays flow from country to pop, indigenous & reggae onto blues and rock into the late evening
- Sundays connect jazz ideas to global music, ambient, neo-classical and classical performances, onto our familiar of evening of nostalgia.
Some key changes;
- From Oct 8, Joseph Baraké’s 3BBR-FM Concert Hall moves to the earlier time of 2-4pm Sundays, followed by Fine Music Live which features Australian performances from across the country
- Echoes of Italy moves to Tuesday evenings 8-10pm as part of a global focus (Thanks Sam for accommodating the move)
- Weekday Breakfast changes include Graeme Marriott’s Music is My Beat moving to Tuesday 7-9am, with Greg King kicking off a new breakfast program from 6am on Wednesday, and Wayne Pemberton hosting Songs of My Life for Monday and Thursday breakfast
- Gippsland Live will get a replay on Friday afternoons at 2pm to give better exposure to live local performances.
Huge thanks and farewell to the four programs made by Andrew Clinkaberry (aka Clinkas). Even after moving to South Australia a year ago, he continues to be a key volunteer at 3BBR with his hidden work to keep us on air. Read more about Clinkas and his contribution.
Thanks too to Big John and José who’ve given us their bonus program Breakfast with the 2Js , which will be winding up on Tuesday October 3.
Our new schedule is at https://3bbrfm.org.au/guide.
You can also see and download the October schedule right here…3BBR SCHEDULE - 8 Oct 2023