Sam Horner is hanging up the microphone after Wed Dec 28. Sam has given strong support to the local music scene, and we hope he will return in July 2023 with his rock music show Sam’s Alternatives.
As a result, we will be slotting in the AMRAP Radio Program and Continental Drift (CRN version) to the 6pm and 7pm slots on Wednesdays.
- 6.00pm Wed: The Amrap Radio Program is a weekly wrap of what’s getting attention on community radio through the Australian Music Radio Airplay Project. Spend some time with the songs, artists and industry players that use AMRAP to reach out to Community Radio broadcasters.
- 7.00pm Wed: Continental Drift features music of the world, and is first heard in a two hour version on 3BBR on Sundays. We’ll hear the one hour version syndicated through the Community Radio Network (CRN).
- The Chill moves to Mondays 10.00pm. Corey Barnett brings you all the major chart hits from 1990 to 2020, plus a weekly AMRAP Top 5 that is all-Australian. If it’s current in the charts, or rarely on the radio anymore, it’s on The Chill.
- The fortnightly Wednesday lineup will now have;
- Gippsland Live at 8.00pm (no change),
- Global Village from 9.00pm, followed by
- The Breeze at 10.00pm – contemporary, modern and trad jazz, mixing both instrumental and vocal tracks, giving a smooth sound with a touch of funk.
These three programs will alternate with Richard Reymer’s Smooth, Cool, Rare & Spicy, 8.00pm – 11.00pm.
As always, keep an eye on our schedule calendar for full details.
Changes to National Radio News over the upcoming holiday period:
- Sun 25 Dec (PH) — no bulletins
- Mon 26 Dec (PH) — no 3.00pm national or 6:00pm state news
- Tue 27 Dec (PH) — no 3.00pm national or 6:00pm state news
- Wed 28 Dec — national bulletin at 6.00pm instead of state news
- Thu 29 Dec — national bulletin at 6.00pm instead of state news
- Fri 30 Dec — national bulletin at 6.00pm instead of state news
- Sat 31 Dec — normal news bulletins
- Sun 1 Jan (PH) — no bulletins
- Mon 2 Jan (PH) — no 3.00pm national or 6:00pm state news
- Tue 3 Jan — normal service resumes
In case you missed it…
We recently welcomed back Tom Beauchamp with Time Traveller, Monday nights from 8.00pm – 10.00pm.